Please fund my weather assembly program that will benefit grades 5-8
The Scientific Method in action video by AW. Click the link.
"The art of teaching is the act of assisting discovery." ~ Mark van Doren
I hope your child will enjoy exciting experiments and dazzling discoveries through a
cooperative learning atmosphere. My goal is help students understand that science is a
part of their everyday lives and I want them to think like scientists.
April 10, 2019
Homework is given Monday - Thursday
- Labs and Journals 30% - Labs are assigned according to the topic. Journals are used everyday for science starters, notes, and lab information.
- Quizzes 30% - Once or twice a week. The quizzes are from vocabulary terms and Brainpop videos.
- Tests and Projects 40% - Two or three tests are given during a marking period. Projects are assigned according to our units. Usually one or two during a marking period.
- Asking questions and defining problems
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Developing and using models
- Engaging in argument
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
- Using matematical computational thinking
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions