Here are some hints I'd like to share with you and your family.
1. Guard your privacy. What people know about you is up to you.
2. Protect your reputation. Self-reflect before you self-reveal. What’s funny or edgy today could cost you tomorrow.
3. Nothing is private online. Anything you say or do can be copied, pasted, and sent to gazillions of people without your permission.
4. Assume everyone is watching. There’s a huge, vast audience out there. If someone is your friend’s friend, they can see everything.
5. Apply the Golden Rule. If you don’t want it done to you, don’t do it to someone else.
6. Watch the clock. A virtual hug never matches a real one. Balance your life.
7. Choose wisely. Not all content is appropriate. You know what we mean.
8. Don't hide. Using anonymity to cloak your actions doesn’t turn you into a trustworthy, responsible human being.
9. Think about what you see. Just because it’s online doesn’t make it true.
10. Be smart, be safe. Not everyone is who they say they are. But you know that.